Nextgen Reader Free Download is a versatile application that has as a primary purpose fetching your Feedly RSS links and bringing them to your Windows 8 desktop, where you can read them more comfortably. When Google announced that one of their products, Google Reader was going to be discontinued, users of this service started moving their data to other RSS reading platforms. The most successful popularity rate was registered by Feedly, which experienced the arrival of 500,000 new users in the 48 hours that followed Google’s announcement. This quickly reflected in the development market, with developers coming up with a variety of clients for the acclaimed feed service. One of them is Nextgen Reader, which addresses users of Windows 8 devices exclusively.
Nextgen Reader Download requires that you login with your Feedly account, which requests that you specify your Google credentials as well, this being the traditional way of authenticating into Feedly. All of your feeds will be automatically imported, therefore the effort that you have to put into the process is reduced drastically. Nextgen Reader Download leaves the impression of an organized and streamlined software, with the news categories displayed in the left of the interface and the actual news content on the right. The program delivers a variety of options for marking articles as read, allowing you to process all of the links or only the ones that are a day or a week old.
Furthermore, you can create a list of favorites for quick access to your preferred articles. Alternatively, categories can be pinned to the start menu, so you can explore them directly. The ‘Sync’ button allows you to synchronize the feeds on demand in order to fetch the newest articles, although these are automatically retrieved at application startup. Nextgen Reader Free Download also comes across as a highly customizable application, allowing you to personalize its appearance by applying various themes and colors and also, to configure readability settings as you like. All in all, Nextgen Reader for Windows 10/8.1 seems like a good choice, sporting everything that you need in order to read the morning news from the comfort of your desktop.
Nextgen Reader Features and Highlights
- Personalize: Choose between eight color accents to personalize the design e.g. teal, blue, etc.
- Modern view: A beautiful grid based layout for your tablet/touch-screen device.
- 3-pane view: A classic 3-column layout for non-touch/traditional PC’s.
- Customize reading view: Set default open method per feed: summary, full article or web page.
- Multiple live tiles: Pin multiple live tiles to start screen from both classic view and modern view.
- Security: Completely safe oauth2 web authentication.
- Mobilizer: Inbuilt Readability/Instapaper/Google mobilizer.
- Shortcuts: Full keyboard support in classic view (press “?” key). Same as Google Reader.
- Touch: Swipe to move between articles.
- Roaming: Login once and run on multiple Windows 8 PC’s.
Leave a Reply