VMware Tools Downlaod ad install is a suite of utilities that enhances the performance of the virtual machines guest operating system and improves management of the virtual machine. Without VMware Tools installed in your guest operating system, guest performance lacks important functionality. Installing VMware Tools eliminates or improves these issues: vmware tools 15 free download installer.
- Low video resolution
- Inadequate color depth
- Incorrect display of network speed
- Restricted movement of the mouse
- Inability to copy and paste and drag-and-drop files
- Missing sound
- Provides the ability to take quiesced snapshots of the guest OS
- Synchronizes the time in the guest operating system with the time on the host
VMware Tools includes these components:
- VMware Tools service
- VMware device drivers
- VMware user process
- VMware Tools control panel
VMware Tools is provided in these formats:
- ISOs (containing installers): These are packaged with the product and are installed in a number of ways, depending upon the VMware product and the guest operating system installed in the virtual machine. VMware Tools provides a different ISO file for each type of supported guest operating system: Mac OS X,Windows, Linux, NetWare, Solaris, and FreeBSD.
- Operating System Specific Packages (OSPs): Downloadable binary packages that are built and provided by VMware for particular versions of Linux distributions. OSPs are typically available for older releases, such as RHEL 6. Most current versions of Linux include Open VM Tools, eliminating the need to separately install OSPs.
- Open VM Tools (OVT): This is the open source implementation of VMware Tools intended for Linux distribution maintainers and virtual appliance vendors. OVTs are generally included in the current versions of popular Linux distributions, allowing administrators to effortlessly install and update VMware Tools alongside other Linux packages.
How to Install VMware Tools 15
- Power on the virtual machine.
- Log in to the virtual machine using an account with Administrator or root privileges.
- Wait for the desktop to load and be ready.
- In the user interface for the VMware product, locate the Install VMware Tools menu item, which is typically found under a Virtual Machine or Guest Operating System menu.
- Based on the operating system you specified when
creating the virtual machine, the correct ISO CD-ROM image containing VMware
Tools is mounted to the virtual CD-ROM of the virtual machine.
To view or modify the operating system you have selected, edit the settings of the virtual machine using the appropriate menu command, which varies by VMware product.
VMware Tools 15 Free Download
Hope this help: please share this article. If you any problem to vmware tools 15 free download installer , through the comments below!!